Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My tv pixalates on channel nine only and a red light glows

My tv pixalates on channel nine only and a red light glows near antenna outlet each time this happens. Model l42m61az LCD tv.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Hello Rodney, does this happen all the time on channel 9, or is it intermittent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Most of the time now

Okay there are a few things we can try, but this is most likely a hardware fault with the internal tuner.

Initially go into the tv setup menu under the channels section and run the auto scan (auto tune/program) function to retune the set, and let me know if that helps.
Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No don't worry Nathan, i will probably buy a new tv anyway. Just thought it may be a simple problem.

The retune is the one thing to try for it.If no change it is a tuner fault and I completely agree and recommend replacing the tv. This is a 2007 model and not compatible with the new mpeg 4 broadcasts anyway and would not be worth trying to fix/update.

Other than replacing the tv, your next best option would be to hook up an external tuner instead. You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc. Example: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/players-recorders/teac/teac-hdb850-hd-set-top-box/87484/

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No worries, thanks Nathan, I will do that.

Thanks

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Five stars for sure Nathan. You confirmed my thoughts of not worth repairing, and a dick smith tuner may not solve the problem long term anyway, so thank you for your time and efforts.

My pleasure, and best of luck to you whichever route you opt for.