Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

There's a thin vertical line (it's purple) that's appearing

Customer Question

There's a thin vertical line (it's purple) that's appearing on the screen. Started showing up yesterday.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Just a moment
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have to get the paper work. It's a 32 inch , about 5 years old. I'll be right back
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just popped up yesterday. I turn on the set, decided to run the image clearer (which I do regularly once a week)
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is the VP322 Plasma HDTV 32"
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

My apologies for any delay in getting to you. The site isn't quite live or instant messaging, so your patience is appreciated. Please try to send just a single response though and allow time for it to be received and replied to, as sending multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Now can you tell me if this happens on all inputs?
If you bring up the vizio menu screens, does that line show over top of the menu also?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm charged money to get into this site. I was require to take a membership with a reoccurring charge. Then you ask me a question instead of providing and answer. Are you kidding me? If the line wasn't showing up ALL THE TIME I wouldn't have contacted you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
As for calling and getting hit with an additional charge? FU! I'm dissatisfied from my earlier attempt to get an resolution.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Yes, this is a paid support site. Vizio does not support out of warranty products.

Neither a membership nor a call is required, those are both optional features and automated advertisements by the site that you may disregard if not wanting.

There are many variables here, so to give you an accurate answer requires some back and forth conversation for me to collect additional details for diagnostic purposes.

Do you wish to continue?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.