Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a older/very heavy Sony TV (not a flat screen) and

Customer Question

I have a older/very heavy Sony TV (not a flat screen) and all of sudden a black screen appeared on my TV screen. I have spent hours talking to our TV provider (MTS) who have walked me through many options to rid this black box (size about 2 1/2 feet wide and 2 feet in height. They finally said to contact you and that the problem was within your TV or your YV RM-Y169 remote. Please help me!
Trevor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

By the way , the model number is ***** the back cover on a sticker not the bottom

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I saw that you came around to look and perhaps there is a problem in replying so I will send you a phone offer .

Otherwise just send me a reply and I`ll tell you how to get rid of this box

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Need help with this ?