Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My original remote will not work and my tv is about 4 years

Customer Question

my original remote will not work and my tv is about 4 years old and now I cannot get the screen to show all icons it is out of wack
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I said it as around 4 years and I will be with you in a second while I look at the back
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the model is LC320EM2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the menu works manually
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to set my sscreen or can I get a new remote
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Other than the remote the tv is working normal with the buttons on it ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
except the aspect ratio is out
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then first ;

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera , a tablet a digital camera etc. , any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I am not spending any more
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

As i said in my opening post ; I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me

So just ignore them if you dont want it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my cell will not send photo's it is a dinasur
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Its not for a picture , for a test

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just answer my question can I get a new remote
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do not send anymore text emails. I paid for an answer so please
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

Yes you can get a new remote , give me a minute please ,

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Herer is your best supplier and deal ; http://remotebarn.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=LC320EM2

Let me know if you have other questions and ifnot for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the staricons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Also note that it will not close this post , youcan come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that and If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service