Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Brand new tv --connected wall cable to coax plugged in

Customer Question

brand new tv --connected wall cable to coax plugged in power--- got strange pattern blue and white panels criss-crossed by vertical and horizontal lines--- cycled source-- no picture
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: 32 series 4500/450D
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu does't affect the large b/w rectangles. I didn't mention that the screen showed a large black area at the top ---all the way across about 2 inches deep with jagged lower boundary
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I unboxed it this afternoon- tried to turn it on about 90 minutes ago-- got the same pattern I described when I turned the power on initially
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Iwanted to test the tv before I hooked up a new bolt
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Can you give me the complete model number?
Are you saying you can see the menu in front of these lines/blocks? Or is it obstructed by those artifacts?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
UN32J4500 AFXZA Nothing behind lines/blocks. top2 inches of the screen with a jagged lower boundary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No---I'll take tv back to store
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, I'll take tv back to store. cancel call and membership
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry I missed you,I was offline by the time you replied back. I will disregard the call request.

Your tv has a bad tcon or main board which is a significant internal hardware failure.

It would require repairs, so taking it back to the store is your best option at this point.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.