Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I play a game on my Xbox One it glitches and cuts out

Customer Question

When I play a game on my Xbox One it glitches and cuts out for a second or two every once and awhile. Not sure if its HDMI connection that's bad or a setting I need to apply. It did the same thing in the past with Xbox 360 and sometimes AppleTV. Like its a power surge or something.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Coby 40 inch flat screen is all the info I have
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else works. Just does this glitch every once and awhile, more so on Xbox devices.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since I had the TV this has happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The glitch is the audio cuts off and the screen goes to black for 1-2 seconds and comes back on to the live game mode that I am in.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to help you.