Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony trinatron tv that for some reason has a

Customer Question

I have a Sony trinatron tv that for some reason has a flashing light on the front of it that indicates it is in a standby timer mode. it will not let me view any of the channels. it is just a black screen.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced technician with more than 10 years of field experience. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

The only reset is to unplug the Tv power cord for 3 minutes. If that does not help then the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service which is going to be complex (requires using a DMM to test live circuits). If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. Depending on the age and size of the tv, it might not be worth fixing. Usually 40-42 inches and below are not worth it.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?