Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I need a replacement power cord for the LG TV I inherited

Customer Question

I need a replacement power cord for the LG TV I inherited from my mother. It got lost. It is about 3 yrs old. Model 24MA31D-PU. Product Code: 24MMA31D-PUN.AUSCXPM. Power: 19 V (long dash over 3 hyphens) 2.0 A. S/N: 209MXPH17984. Built Sept 2012.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have about 10 power cords with round ends but none of the round ends fit into the TV itself. Too big. IF I find one that does fit, I fear the other end of the cord, the power step-down, may be the wrong one and I will damage the TV. It is important to use the correct cord.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Help, please. I need to buy one if I cannot find the one that came with. My contact info: Nicole Kirkpatrick,(###) ###-#### ***@******.***. Thank you for your assistance.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Each of my sent paragraphs separated from the others. It seems to make little sense to you. Sorry.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Aric and I will be assisting you. Please don't mind the auto-generated messenger above - it's simply a computer.

I will find and post where you can buy the replacement AC adapter for your LG below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6J12MX0046&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebook+Batteries+%2F+AC+Adapters-_-9SIA6J12MX0046&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvve_BRDmg9Kt9ufO15EBEiQAKoc6qrau65VdJ5bXQv321mGfvLE59Zcim1LcQWMOUoQeMVAaAgFB8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There is also one for less money at the following link. To answer your other question, the specs MUST match as it is a 19 VDC switch model universal power supply with center tip positive. Below is also a more cost effective unit ($12 and change with free ship) that will also work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-For-LG-24MA31D-24MA31D-PU-26MA31D-LED-LCD-TV-Power-Supply-Charger-PSU-/350959063383?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.