Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lg comes on. Screen shows lg logo. No response afterwards

Customer Question

My lg comes on. Screen shows lg logo. No response afterwards on remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms point to a faulty Mainboard on the TV - this is the board that processes external AV Inputs, and when it fails - it will keep the screen locked on the LG logo.

In most cases this requires replacement of this board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (on the side of the TV), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to get any response from the set beyond the LG welcome screen please?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but if you still have the same issue then the set's Mainboard needs to be replaced. This part is available at the link below for your set if you're looking to replace it yourself:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/AGF67813201/0057/614.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=AGF67813201&sid=SPDxGPROD&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvve_BRDmg9Kt9ufO15EBEiQAKoc6qtnUxNR1ZEwN9pCV9zPlIs6gElaBi18iAZ5_zK6d9D8aAinL8P8HAQ

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge $250 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry or the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not working. Screen keeps the lg logo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please read the in-depth reply, diagnosis and solution I posted above. The set has a faulty Mainboard, I posted the part, the cost at a shop and also a service locator. Was there anything else you needed with regards ***** *****?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you still have the same issue then the set's Mainboard needs to be replaced. This part is available at the link below for your set if you're looking to replace it yourself:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com