Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Reset it to my new wireless router, got the notice "network

Customer Question

reset it to my new wireless router, got the notice "network set-up complete, your tv will now begin using the new settings, press select to continue." I pressed select and it froze. I can turn the tv off and on with the remote but that's it.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: It's a new LG. I tried both the cable company's remote and the LG remote. It says "press select to continue," and only the cable company's remote has a "select" button.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The "input" button brings up a selection "live tv, hdm1, ..." but nothing else works. I don't see a "menu" button on either remote.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Got a notice that we needed to update the wireless connection. Did that, and got thru it, but then froze at last step.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I can't. It's mounted on the wall. Seems like it was something like SKA7 or something.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Yes, I'm here.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug in and run network setup and reply back with the result.