Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have recently purchased an HD "Smart" TV and have

Customer Question

I have recently purchased an HD "Smart" TV and have connected this to an existing Panasonic DVD Recorder (Model - DMR-XW90). This recorder has worked in the past with a 1080x980 T.V. - with no problems. However with new TV operating on normal live TV, an HDMI screen display message is shown on the TV, this happens quite randomly, and without touching the T.V. remote control. The cable connecting the recorder and the TV is correct specification
Necessary to enter "CLOSE" to remove the HDMI display from the TV screen.
Appreciate that this recorder is now "well aged" - but is there any way around this problem - or am I faced with purchasing a new DVD recorder, which will be compatible with the higher definition TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me how you have everything connected currently?
Is there an aerial? Satellite or cable box?

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please continue with your questions on this problem.W.B.Yare
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi Brian,

can you please provide the details I requested initially:

Can you tell me how you have everything connected currently?Is there an aerial? Satellite or cable box?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nathan – aerial connection. Top of the range connection between the DVD recorder and the TV (%%” Samsung HD Smart item).
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you,

as a starting point, please go into both the tv and panasonic menus and disable the "hdmi control" (also known as CEC, Anynet, Viera net) feature.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello Brian, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.