Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a samsung tv that is when plugged in it keeps trying

Customer Question

I have a samsung tv that is when plugged in it keeps trying to power up but wont. I seen some help you gave another with the same problem. How to I do the test for the LDSv or whatever.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you unplugged the TV for an extended period of time? ...and then plug back in but into a different outlet?

Still, is the description of "...keeps trying to power up but wont..." immediately upon plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was at our business and stopped working a year ago, I am just now trying to fix it. I have left it on and it keeps trying to power on, left it on for an hour and did the same thing. Then I pulled one side of the LDVS out and it powered on and did not keep shutting off. So does that mean that L shaped cord is bad?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Yes but not necessarily; it may point to the circuitry that the LVDS cable connects to.

Can you please post back with clear pictures of the insides of the TV? ...including the where ends of the LVDS cable are connected?

Please click HERE.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have never taken a pic with my new laptop it is kind of hard since it doesn't look like it turns around to the front of the computer. But here they are hope fully good enough
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The circuitry that it is attached to on the one side has a cover on it and I can get it off, its like glued to the board or something. So I don't know what good that will do for you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was going to look at the board, do you know how to get that cover off? I took the screws out, but like I said it is like glued to the board or something.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have a multi meter if I need to test something, I have never used it, but I am sure you can tell me what settings it needs to be on. This is such a great deal, I have fixed many of my own things with this, except for my washer, the guy was somewhat rude and I basically told him that it wasn't the part he said and he told me I didn't need to know the why's and that it was the part, but guess what it wasn't, so that kind of sucked.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Appreciate the additional information and pictures.

I was reviewing the repair/Service Manual particularly the troubleshooting guide.

Bear with me with a picture of the entire back showing all board locations.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you get back to me on this please? Or are you having problems finding it?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

As posted above, please post back with "...a picture of the entire back showing all board locations..."

Thanks.