Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I WANT TO RUN A WIRE FROM MY LC 32GP2U TO A SET OF

I WANT TO RUN A WIRE FROM MY LC 32GP2U TO A SET OF HEADPHONES BYMY BED FOR NIGHT VIEWING. hOW DO i DO IT?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LC -32GP2U A FEW YEARS
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES. i HAVE RESEARCHED THE MANUAL AND FIND NO SOLUTION AT ALL. I FIGURED YOU GURUS KNEW PRECISELY WHICH SET OF OUTPUT JACKS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE RIGHT ONES AND WHAT SETTINGS i NEED TO USE? tHE MENU DOES WORK.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i'VE NEVER TRIED TO DO THIS AND HAVE MOVED TO A NEW CITY. eVERY TING ONTHE TV WORKS, THERE'S JUST NO CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS IN THE MANUAL THAT i CAN SEE.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i THINK THAT'S IT! fOR NOW ANYWAY

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number again written on the back cover ?

Something not working with this one

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The only model number I have is on the cover LC-32GP2U

No problem , got it , my bad , I had a typo

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't afford it. Too old and on social security!

What type of headphones and specifically the plug , is it the large standard 1/4 " or the small 1/8 " like what is used for Walkman , ipod etc. ?

As I said above in my opening post ; I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me , just ignore them if you don't want it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
smallm 1/8

O.k and I guess you must have an extension or long enough cable to reach ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cable I want to se has standard RCA plugs on the tv end and the small connection on the headset end. Yes about 12 feet.

O.k and I take it that you tried the audio out left/right at the back of the tv and get no sound , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

O.k then that is normal , the audio there is at line level which is a bit too low for your headset and you would need some form of amplification to bring up the level from line level to headphone or even speaker level

Give me a minute on this

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My assumption was that sound was going to come out of the tv, but got nothing. Then I read somewhere some guy on line that a "headphone amp" is equired. Manual says nothing about that.Will give you the time.

That is what I was saying here , those audio outs at the rear are made to be connected to an amplifier before headphones or speaker .

Another way of doing this is to use the optical out with a device like the one at this link ;https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Analog-Converter-USB-Headphone/dp/B0038HX3S8

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ain't that a kick in the head! I may just find me a used gizmo to play some usic on to run it through. Thanks for your help. You confirmed what I had already read.

Or this ; https://www.amazon.com/DEESEE-TM-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01GV0NFKO/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1476227024&sr=1-20&keywords=small+audio+amplifier+3.5+mm+outputs

By the way you never mentioned what you had done or read so I worked on this in good faith to offer you the various options as you asked

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.