Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The standby power light is on but the tv wont turn on.

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 39ME313V/F7 yes, I have had it in plugged that would work before but not now
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: red standby black screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 weeks. don't know what happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's only 2 years old
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

When you plug in the power cord, do you hear any relay click?

When you press the power button, does the front LED do anything?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I don't hear anything. The front led stays solid red
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Oh I see.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'd rather not
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

At this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but with these symptoms, DIY diagnosis is going to be complex (requires using a DMM). If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

Let me know how you want to proceed and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the means to test the circuit boards and replacement caps. I just thought you could confirm its the power board. The caps look good.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Stand by while I review this model.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

This model does not print voltages on the pins, so just going strictly by the symptoms and past experience.... this symptom is more likely an issue with the Main board (board with all the audio/video jacks). My suggestion would be trying to replace just the EEPROM chip on the Main board first (be sure to get the correct one see site):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=39ME313V%2FF7+EEPROM

I guess you could replace the whole board if you are not able to solder:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=39ME313V%2FF7+main+-eeprom+-kit

Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Let me know how else I can be of service and remember to use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?