Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How do I mirror my laptop to Visio 75 in, p series 75 c1, I

Customer Question

How do I mirror my laptop to Visio 75 in
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: p series 75 c1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am new to this I need basic instructions
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing has happened I need instruction to mirror my laptop and tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Hello, You would connect the Laptop to the Vizio using an HDMI cable (to any of the HDMI ports on the TV). Select that port using the Vizio's INPUT button, and then go into the computer's settings under "Hardware and Sound" and go to "Display" then "External Monitor/Projector" (all depends on which version of Windows you have and what Laptop you have). This will either mirror or extend the display onto your Vizio depending on which setting you choose.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

However if you're referring to how to "Wirelessly" mirror the Laptop onto the TV, then the Vizio does not have that capability. (the "C" series is not included in the "Smart Cast" lineup of Vizio TV's).

In order to do this wirelessly with your TV, you would need a Google Chromecast connected to the TV's HDMI port and will then follow the instructions provided with the Chromecast in order to mirror your Laptop onto the TV. The Chromecast is available at the link below:

That device will get you wireless streaming from Android and Laptop devices.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.