Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I get an advertising pane about once an hour, or less, full

Customer Question

I get an advertising pane about once an hour, or less, full screen,that comes on and stays locked on until I change the station and come back. It comes back to where it normally would be in time and continues on ok. It is a js8500 4K ultra HD 65in. TV.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

Hello, Please check and get me the full model number off of the TV (you didn't post a full model, just a model "Series").

Also, when you mention "change channel" are you using a Cable Box remote for that?

Additionally, please briefly tell me exactly what is showing in that advertising plane (use a couple examples since I am not there to see what you're seeing).

Lastly, when did this issue occur?

Please reply back with the specifics requested and we can sort this.

Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

Please review my reply and postback to continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

I'm pretty sure I found the model number of the TV. Since it's a 65" in the JS8500 series, that would indicate:

Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

What you have here is called "Demo Mode" where the TV is "showing off" its features. Please click the link below and follow the instructions on that page to shut OFF Demo Mode:

Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.