Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

It's turning on and off... I can't even turn it off... About

Customer Question

It's turning on and off... I can't even turn it off...
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: About 2 years old UN65F6350AFXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get to the menu it goes on for two seconds off immediately on for a few seconds... I can't hit menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened first time last night...
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so...
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms point to a faulty Mainboard in the set, which is a common mode of failure for Samsung. This generally requires replacement of this board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't know where the "on the set" power button is...
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
where's the power button?
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Please be patient, I am typing to you. It's on the RIGHT rear lower corner of the TV. I am unavailable by phone by the way. Reach around the lower right hand corner to the back, and there is a button there for power.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Were you able to locate it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The button doesn't seem to have any effect... still switching on and off
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can't even turn the set off when it's plugged in...
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

That is the only possible reset on a user level. Pressing and holding that button with the TV unplugged, drains all residual current and resets the TV.

If you're still having the same problem, then this indicates that the Mainboard in the set has failed and needs to be replaced. This part contains the On/Off processor in the TV, and is a "plug and play" part (meaning no soldering is needed to replace it, however the rear of the set must be removed to access it). The board for your set can be purchased at the link below:

If you are not comfortable with that however a shop will charge close to $275 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

Other than that, there are NO quick fixes for this and I'm sorry for the bad news.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

There is one last thing I would suggest trying, and that is to leave the TV unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes this resets the processor in the TV. Again, these symptoms are NOT within normal operation of the set. he Mainboard is causing this issue, and it's due to a fault.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No... thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

You're welcome. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that? Thanks in advance.