Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My Samsung TV Model Code HLP6163WX/XAA Serial No.

Customer Question

My Samsung TV Model Code HLP6163WX/XAA Serial No. 39763CFXC01067V will not work when I put it on just Air Antenna. Please help me.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Did you perform a channel search ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok Jack yes I did.
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

O.k then and is it the first time you connect this tv to an antenna or this was working and stopped ?

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Let me check this to make sure but I think your tv will need a converter in order to get signal from the air/antenna

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just send me the Information on what to do so I can print it out got to go to work in an hour. Just want to see if I have to keep using pay TV Company's .Because the TV work fine with Pay TV.
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Your tv does not have a digital tuner and you will need a converter box in between the tv and antenna , here is an example , click this link ;

This box comes with its own remote and even records

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Your tv has HDMI input and this box has HDMI out so you could get HD channels to your tv

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

There are other models on that webpage as well that could do and you can also find this locally at places like Walmart , best buy , radio shack etc. ,just ask for digital tv converter box and just make sure it has a HDMI out if you want HD picture and don't forget a HDMI cable if you don't have one already

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help setting this up.
Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just brought a converter box and a clear antenna for air TV with all that and what I am paying the Internet I should have just keep paying for pay TV. Just tell me what to do very unhappy customer right now.
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

First time you ever mention any converter box here , wish I had known that for a start !

How is it connected to the tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

I`m sorry but its getting late here and I will opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is a waste of my time so I will just ask for my money back because I know how to program a TV I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right . Thanks for the No help Information VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.