Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My vizio serial number X40G032099736AZA ~ is it high

Customer Question

my vizio serial number X40G032099736AZA ~ is it high definition? I have not owners manual ~ I want to subscribe to HD through my cable company but NOT if my TV is not HD
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: where will I find the model number ~ on the back???? maybe a couple of years at the most.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works ~ haven't worried about the other sets being HD
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing has happened ~ the picture is good but could be clearer and sharper if indeed it can be cabled in as HD
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, We can't look up the set from the serial number - I would need the model number, which is on a sticker on the back of the TV. Can you get that please?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

A Vizio model number would be something similar to: B550-B1

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Another way you can find out if the set is HD or not, is simply look at the back of the TV for any jacks labeled "HDMI". Those are HD jacks by their very nature.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.