Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

REMOTE IS NOT CHANGING CHANNELS. iT IS LOCKED ON ONE

Customer Question

REMOTE IS NOT CHANGING CHANNELS. iT IS LOCKED ON ONE CHANNEL. iT DOES TURN ON AND OFF
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: 32C100Ui tOSHIBA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Channel controls do not work when pressed.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started 1/2 hour ago. Watching SNF and TCM back and forth.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient. Please send me a quick "Hello", just so I know you are here and able to reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Can you please tell me if you receive your channels through a Cable "Box" specifically? In other words, do you have another remote you normally use to change channels with (one that's outfitted by your cable company)?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure why you're unable to reply, but assuming you do use a cable box, then the issue would not be your TV (since all the channel changing occurs within the cable box itself). Please try a reboot of the cable box by unplugging it's power cord for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once it reboots see if you can change channels and send a reply back please.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I solved the problem myself. The remote is now working. Please refund the $5 I was billed for.
I apologize for inconveniencing you.
David ****
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***