Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My tv is only 2 months old and has no picture, 55 inch tv

Customer Question

my tv is only 2 months old and has no picture
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: 55 inch tv P/NO:MFL69340902(1604-REV03)
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the screen is blank all the time cannot get into the tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this is being happening for about 1 week worked fine before this
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 18 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Somehow that model number doesn`t bring up anything , what brand name is it ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have a LG 55 inch TV P/NO:MFL69340902(1604-REV03) The screen is blank with some background light.
Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Sorry , was out when you replied , it was nearly 11 PM here .

By the look of it you have a defective t-con board if the screen is lit with no picture , not even the tv`s own menu .

Fortunately this tv is still under warranty and you can have it repaired free of charges .

Contact LG at this number

• 1300 LG CARE (1300 54 2273)
  • 7am - 7pm, 7 Days a week

to start a warranty claim and they will tell you how to proceed from there , just make sure to have your paperwork like bill of sales , serial number etc. handy and usually the work is done at home for a tv this size .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you I will give them a call.
Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service