Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Image is very yellow... just unhooked everything because we

Customer Question

image is very yellow... just unhooked everything because we got a new tv stand. reconnected but now image all yellow tried reconnecting things over and over again, various configurations, didn't help
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung tv, 3 years old, checking on model
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works model UN32F5500AF
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was fine, we had new tv console delivered today, unhooked everything to get rid of old console, then reconnected tv,, blue ray, AT&T Uverse box tried checking box plus tv connections, no success
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient. Please send me a quick "Hello", just so I know you are here and able to reply.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page only.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello! Thank you Aric!
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, and than you for the reply.

Is the image yellow on ALL SOURCE you view (in other words, if it's yellow with the cable box, if you switch over to Blu Ray is it still yellow)?

Also is the cable box connected to the TV using component video (5 color coded RCA cables) by chance?

Please reply back with that info and we can sort this.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
on the five color coded cables.
Haven't checked on blu-ray yet, just testing
will take a few minutes
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Okay no problem. The reason I ask is those 5 cables are usually the culprit - one end pulled loose at either the cable box or TV would cause this. As would one of the cables being put into the wrong colored slot. Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.