Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Insignia tv, working two days ago, today no power, no red

Customer Question

Insignia tv, working two days ago, today no power, no red light, nothing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1year old. Model 320511NA15
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. no power at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1day. Moved tv from bedroom to the office
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Nothing I can think of
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 days ago.

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set (that also means taking the set to a known good wallsocket and bypassing any surge protector) the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Having re-checked your question you will have warranty with the set please use that manuf warranty if you do not know what I mean let me know .

I am sorry this is not something easy

Please I would be most grateful if you would consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How hard it is to replace the power board? How much (about) does that cost?

Easy to replace it cost around $100 however with the set being new that could be a problem to locate a replacement a new board would cost more

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 days ago.

Do you need anymore help please?

Just so you understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, now i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days