Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I removed my Roku unit from my tv 4 days ago to protect it

Customer Question

I removed my Roku unit from my tv 4 days ago to protect it from th storm. When I returned home I reinstalled it on the same tv and it will not connect to the internet I have followed the installation manual. When I first tuernd on the system it came on normally,
then it went blank and hasn't worked since. What do I do now????
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Hello, you mentioned "went blank" which leads me to think you have a black screen - which is not related to the Roku not connecting to the internet.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Which model Roku are we dealing with here? Is it one of the Roku "Boxes" or the Roku "stick"?

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

I can help if you can send a reply back?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I reinstalled the Roku 3unit jut lie it was removd. tv I working fine!!!! I haven't moved it.It wants to Start a new install but it keeps
failing.Thn it wants me to call else do you ned to know?????
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

All I needed to know was what I asked above, and it appears you did see that correct?

Find the tiny reset button on the upper right hand REAR of the Roku, then use a paperclip to press and hold that for 10 seconds and release. Then run through the setup of the Roku as if it were brand new and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.