Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Picture will not come on. it directs me to push input, when

Customer Question

Picture will not come on. it directs me to push input, when I do the box with the devices appears, prompt says make sure signal is turned on, how do I turn on signal
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't get a signal on my tv. instructs me to check the prompt is on "tv" , then says push input, prompt says on signal check signal, I put channel 3 no luck
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks. I need some details in order to sort this:

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What exactly is connected to it (cable box/SAT box, antenna, etc.)?

3) Is this the first time setting it up?

4) Was it working before and then stopped?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

I need some details in order to sort this:

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The "Signal" is the Cable/SAT box, or antenna, or what have you. I also don't know what TV we're dealing with here (since no details are posted). So please reply back to that info request so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NS 24ED310NA15RUB model number
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
tv is hooked to cable
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok lets continue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've had it several years, 1st I have had this, I think I have gotten it off track somehow
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, I thought you had logged off. I'm back now.

I need to know specifically what you mean by "Cable" is there a cable BOX PLEASE? Or just direct cable from the wall with no box?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is cable from the wall
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay on the original Insignia remote, locate the Input/Source button, and press that then select "TV". Let me know what you see on your screen after you do that.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Have you used the Insignia remote's INPUT button to select TV yet please??

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have puched remote on TV and it tells me no signal
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Then if it's telling you that there is no signal then the cable line coming into the TV is bad, or your TV has failed. TV is the correct Input selection to watch from a cable line. Are you 100% certain you have used:

The INPUT BUTTON, and then selected "TV" as the Input?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still am not getting a signal
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay then as I stated then your cable line coming into the house has been compromised somehow or your TV's tuner itself has failed. The TV Input setting is the correct one when using a coaxial cable coming into the back of the TV. If that is selected, and you have no signal then you will need to have your cable line checked next, and if the issue persists, your TV would be in need of repairs/replacement.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.