Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It turns on I see the "W", then the HDMI shows I hear sound

Customer Question

It turns on I see the "W", then the HDMI shows I hear sound for 3 seconds & then everything goes black. No sound no picture. I can however get tthe music channel? This 42" tv is less than a year old.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Westinghouse DWM42F2G1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have a complete black screen, I see nothing
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was watching tv yesterday morning and it went to black with no sounds as I was watching
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I get the music channels with sound but nothing else. I have Directv and the receiver is fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you bring up the tv menu using the button on the tv itself or the original Westinghouse remote, does anything show up on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Not sure why you can't reply...

Try unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 minutes. If that does not help then the tv likely needs parts and service. Since this is a new tv, it is under warranty and you will want to call them to obtain services.

Let me know if you still need help and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

I would also recommend resetting the Directv receiver by unplugging it's power cord for 20 seconds.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Aside from those, the tv needs warranty service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I see the menu
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

I just instructed you to try resetting the tv and Directv box by unplugging the power cords. Please do that now.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?