Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

The input screen keeps scrolling. has been going on for ten

Customer Question

the input screen keeps scrolling. has been going on for ten minutes
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: m60c3 bought in may
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu not working either
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it has been an issue month adter buying. usually goes off within 2 minutes
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

You mean this has been getting worse gradually in the last few weeks ?

The model would be Vizio M60-C3 , correct ?

Expert:  Jack replied 13 days ago.

In any case this is definitely a main board problem namely its eeprom/memory chip and I doubt very much that a reset will clear this up but you are welcome to try the only reset form available which is ;

If you haven`t done it already ,unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button (power button at the back lower left ) directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset , you can even try it twice if you wish .

As I do not expect this to work or if it does then it could be temporay , here are the warranty claim info , you need to contact Vizio first ;

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support

via e-mail:***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY

VIZIO(###) ###-#### from 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific time, or visit PRE-AUTHORIZATION MUST

BE OBTAINED BEFORE SENDING ANY PRODUCT TO A VIZIO SERVICE CENTER. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase ,receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you