Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Magnovox TV turns itself off and on and will not work

Customer Question

My Magnovox TV turns itself off and on and will not work with the remote. I have changed the batteries in the remote but that didn't fix it.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hang on
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 43ME346VF7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I can't get it to stay on long enough to make anything work. This just started a few days ago. I have had this TV for a year.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing happened before this started; it just started out of the blue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Are you saying that the remote problem and the fact that it doesn`t stay on happened at the same time or they were separate problems ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am saying that the tv (once turned on by the remote) turns itself off and then back on. If you try to use the remote to change channels, it turns itself off and then back on, but won't change channels.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no phone call; i have no money right now
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

As I said in my opening post ; I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me , so just ignore them if you don't want it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
again, no
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

No to what now ???

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not intend on having to pay a Magnavox rep to tell me what the problem might be considering the TV is still under warranty.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If this is abut offers from the website , again I have NO control over that and who said anything about a Magnavox rep ??

This is not Magnavox , are you aware of that ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let's just forget this whole thing and refund me my $5.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****