Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My tv is getting power, but it will not turn on. I changed

Customer Question

My tv is getting power, but it will not turn on. I changed the batteries in the remote thinking that was the problem, but it will not turn on. the power button on the side will not do anything either.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 19 days ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-When you plug it in, does the power LED on the front do anything? is there any relay click? what about when you press the power button?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 19 days ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The orange lite is on so I know the juice is there
Expert:  Mike G. replied 19 days ago.

In your own words, describe your level of previous experience with electronics because at this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but with these symptoms, DIY diagnosis is going to be complex (requires using a DMM). If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too.

Let me know how you want to proceed and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I cannot do this myself, I was afraid it would need professional repair. it showed no signs of going out on me. thank you.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 19 days ago.

You're welcome.

Please show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for helping you.

If you provide your zip code I may be able to help you find a local shop.