Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

55" Samsung 3and half years old, it keeps going to multiple

Customer Question

55" Samsung 3and half years old , it keeps going to multiple vertical lines loss of sound and loss of control I.E. unable to turn off . The colours of vertical lines changes after it goes to Black . Also the unit works fine with DVD player input . John Mulcahy
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 3 years and 10 months old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works , bad on output from foxtell and antenna
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 10 months
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm looking for model number
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, If it works fine with DVD player Input, then what Input is it that's giving you problems?

Also please get me the full model number off the back of the set when you are able.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I lost you after I paid and I can't fill in the mobile phone number because I am 61 country code .
the model number is *****
John Mulcahy
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I am unavailable by phone, so will need to work with you on this page.

I need more details as requested. Specifically:

If it works fine with DVD player Input, then what Input is it that's giving you problems?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You are a con Artist , so I am displeased with your service , please refund me the $5.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please refund the money I know it's a scam
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, John. I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Aric has opted out of the question, I'd be happy to help you if you'd like, either here or by phone.

You seem to be viewing and responding here in the chat which is what is necessary to continue. I assure you this is not a scam, this is a paid support service, and there is a fee for our time and expertise, as with any professional service. I would like to assist you, but to do so would require back and forth communication, this is a process and a conversation, not a magic one click fix. To proceed, can you please tell me how the foxtel box is connected, and if you also lose sound/picture when on the aerial input? Are you using the samsung remote, or a foxtel remote?

If you prefer to cancel, you may do so from the help page.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.