Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Model vizio m550vse freezes during power up. vizio symbol

Customer Question

model vizio m550vse freezes during power up. vizio symbol displays on screen. no tv buttons or remote works
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

These symptoms point to the Vizio's Mainboard failing - not anything there are any settings or adjustments that will correct.

The Mainboard is what generates the external Inputs after the initial Vizio logo displays, and it also processes all Inputs and remote commands.

That being said the fix is to replace the Mainboard. If you're interested in fixing the TV yourself, the part is generally $100 and can be swapped with nothing more than a screwdriver.

I will pull up the board for you if you're looking to go that route.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

That board is at the link below for $85 for your set. It is "plug and play", but the rear of the set does need to be removed to replace it:

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

That is the long-term fix for this, however as an attempt at a quick fix you can try unplugging the TV for a length of time (an hour or more) in the hopes that the processor resets, which can sometimes work, but even if it does this is a short-term fix as the mainboard processor is indeed failing, causing this issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable trying to fix this yourself, a shop will typically charge $250 parts and labor and can be located at the link below:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?