Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I bought a Vizio TV on 5/30/16, It doesn't work because the

Customer Question

Hi I bought a Vizio TV on 5/30/16
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It doesn't work because the cable input pice broke what can I do to get it fix
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I could only watch Neflex on it nothing else work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since 6/2/16 when I tried to connect the cable but I didn't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just want my tv to work
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. I am typing a reply to you now, please standby.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

To repair the cable input jack on the TV requires replacement of the TV's "Mainboard" - as the jack cannot simply be replaced, but rather the entire circuit board the jack mounts to is replaced for this issue.

Normally, I could source the part for you if you were looking to repair this yourself (generally around a $70 part), however I see that your TV is still within the one year warranty, so it would not make sense for you to open the TV to replace this board.

Instead you would want to call Vizio and setup a repair ticket on the set to have them swap out the Mainboard for you. You can contact them at the number below:

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Alternatively, if this is something that you are looking to repair yourself (due to mishandling of the TV perhaps, or something else that would not be covered under warranty), then please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the TV and I can search for that part for you.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.