Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a TV from a hotel its a flat screen lg I'm trying

Customer Question

I bought a TV from a hotel its a flat screen lg I'm trying to use an antenna but I can't get it to switch to antenna it stays on cable....
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I've had this TV for a while now and this is my second time trying to use an antenna but my TV won't switch off of cable
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works and no all the other sources work fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As far as o can tell ever since I had the TV and nothing happened that's the problem I bought an antenna and its only trying to read cable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Can you tell me the full model number of that TV? It will be on the side or rear of the set somewhere. Then I should be able to help you switch it out of Hotel Mode.

Thanks

Steve