Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sharp tv just has blinking red power light, 9 years,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, Sharp tv just has blinking red power light
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 9 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: LC-46P7M
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just get a blank screen as though it didn't turn on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it started this morning
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here, is the light blinking and pausing like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example?

Let me know by replying in the box below thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok let me check

Take your time

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it just blinks continuously

OK just give me 5 mins please to pull the data and bulletins on this set thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

OK thanks

Have you re-booted the set?un-plugged the set from wall-power wit 5 mins then re-plug back in again?if not please do that and let me know if there is any change

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have but will try again

OK let me know in the meantime I will be looking through the data for the set thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok turned it back on and still the same problem

OK be right with you

OK the set is a multistandard one where did you purchase it please?

Did you purchase in the US or asia?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
asia, it's just a standard lcd tv from what i can tell

This set will work anywhere in the world its a multi-standard model, now what has happened is the main-board has failed in the set and will need to be replaced if you think you can do that work yourself please let me know I will be happy to help, now the need to know where the set came from may mean looking abroad for the main-board hence the need to know where it came from, is this something you would consider doing?now presently I do not know the price or approx price of that board because it may be in another country

Let me know please, just to clarify this board is plug in.

A positive rating for this info is greatly appreciated thank you 3 to 5 stars (rating bar top of the page ,note question remains open for 30 days

Anthony

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where can the main board be purchased from? Sharp? Any indicative cost? I live in Singapore and bought the set here. So I ma now wondering if it's more cost effective to just replace the thing or not?

No Sharp would never supply boards to the general public, what needs to be done is for the part-number to be retrieved from the board itself (inside the set) this part-number is ***** important if the board is to be replaced, I would say at a good guess that you are probably looking at $150 plus for this board, it will be a used board too (pulled from a scrap set usually for bad screens), I am not sure how much you paid for the set?, by the way the set IS a special model its multistandard if you bought a set abroad generally they wont work in other countries or work to a limited degree

Anthony

How old is the set please?may give a better bearing on what to do

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** time to get a new tv then. Appreciate the help.

OK sorry its nothing easier here, the board replacement is easy however my fear is with the cost of a multi-standard mainboard

Your Welcome

Please before you go remember to rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks again,this is the way the site credits me for my input thanks again

Anthony

Do you need more help please?

Anthony

Just so you understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, now i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days

Anthony