Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I been having problems with my tv lately. The touch power

Customer Question

I been having problems with my tv lately. The touch power button on the tv does not work as well as the remote for it anymore. So all I do is unplug and plug the tv back in with the actual cord. Few days ago I plugged my TV in and it made a clicking sound as if it was going to turn on but it would just click and nothing would happen and the TV doesn't turn on anymore
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: its the picture not the sound the TV wont come on
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: its sharp aquos and the buttons on the tv don't work and I lost the original remote and all the universal remotes I bought none of them work on the tv so I would only be able to watch netflix or video games from it by unplugging and plugging the TV cord in to turn it on and off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing happened I turned it off by unpluging the TV and now when I plug the TV in it makes a clicking sound as if its going to turn on but it never does and the issue been going on for a few days now
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 20 days ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 20 days ago.

By the way , never mind the odd questions at the beginning , you were talking to a computer

Expert:  Jack replied 20 days ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?