Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

What does burning mean for your Excellent Plasma TV. I have

Customer Question

What does burning mean for your Excellent Plasma TV. I have a 2007 50 inch plasma and it seems to be running hotter than befor. The picture is still excellent
JA: Just to clarify, what's the plasma television's exact make and model?
Customer: The make is Panasonic. The model is TH-50PX75U.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Approximately 2-3 months No troubleshooting yet.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No more information.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,I`m Jack
I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

You must mean "Burn-in " as in screen burn-in .

This is a condition where the screen gets marked permanently by a static image like a video game left on the same image for extended period and even news channel`s ticker tape bar or station logo at the bottom can become marked into the screen but this usually goes away after a few days on different scenes unless severely marked.

Now about the heat coming from the tv , those plasma tv`s do run hot and that is normal , the plasma panel itself pulls much more power than a lcd and this translates into heat .

If the picture and sound are normal then no worries , the tv wont catch fire like those samsung cell phones !

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.