Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Keeps shutting off, not sure on the model but it is less

Customer Question

keeps shutting off
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: not sure on the model but it is less than a year old it is a 50 inch flat screen
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just in the past month
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's the only problem I am having
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please check and get me the model number off of the back of the TV if you can, or at least the brand.

Additionally is this set just OVER or just UNDER one year from the date of purchase?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Sorry about that first message, that was posted in error.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a Vizio less than a year old I cant get the model number
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a D50u-D1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be watching a program and it just turns itself off and it takes a while to get it to come back on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the set shutting itself off is not within normal operation of the set, and there are no settings/adjustments that will correct this. It indicates a premature fault occurring in the TV's Mainboard (which is the processor in the TV that provides the turn on/off commands in the set). Since the TV is less than one year old, this is covered under Vizio's warranty and you would need to contact them at the number below to have this repaired:

VIZIO

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.