Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do you get the closed caption off of the Vizio smart tv?

Customer Question

How do you get the closed caption off of the Vizio smart tv? I tried several things on the remote and tv menus and it still remains on there.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a year old and I am not sure what model is - how can I find that out?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works - and I dont beleive i have on anything else except watching the TV thru Direct TX
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue ever since we changed from Dish Network to Direct TV I think - but not absolutely sure!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Please grab direct TV remote and press yellow button on it to get menu screen on TV. Now press the right arrow button a few times on remote to highlight CC Menu option, now press down arrow button on remote to highlight the Off option and press Select/OK/Enter button to disable the closed caption/ subtitles on directv channels.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks.