Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am looking to buy a Soundbar but want to make sure it is

Customer Question

Hi - I am looking to buy a Soundbar but want to make sure it is compatible with my flat screen TV
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model: E550i-A0
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu - via remote - works, but poorly. But it does work But I use the TWC remote for almost everything besides the Smart TV aspect
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am just trying to decide what soundbar to buy, and wan't to ensure compatability and/or the best way to go about evaluating I was oging to buy a Vizio 2.0 channel soundbar But didn't want to run into issues with multiple remote controllers, etc. I want to simplify! but most importantly get a soundbar that is sleak and simple and can hook up with the TV i'm not a tech expert ha
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's Vizio LED HDTV and I gave model #, but have it hooked up to TWC cable router
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for waiting, this TV has one digital audio out port that needs optical cable connection and one analog audio out (redpwhite RCA jacks) on side panel that needs regular audio cable to connect the TV to any external sound system/ soundbar.

Please make sure the soundbar you're selecting has optical input and AUX input for analog sound connection so you can hook the soundbar in either way to get sound from TV. Through optical cable you would be able to control the sound level through TV remote, soundbar remote will be used one time to set it on correct input so it can get TV sound signals.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2.0-Channel Soundbar with Bluetooth
4’ Optical Cable with toslink ends
5’ RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack
External Power adapter
XRS321-C RemoteDoes that seem to fit? And will the remote interfere with existing Vizio remote?
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Can you please get me the model number off of soundbar that could be SB3821-C6 os some thing?

XRS321-C Remote doesn't help to check soundbar specs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
SB2920-D6
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

It will work with your TV without any difficulty and its remote wont interfere with Vizio TV remote.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome. Feel free to respond if you have any additional question. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.