Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We can't stream Netflix to our Toshiba tv. It has worked

Customer Question

We can't stream Netflix to our Toshiba tv. It has worked before.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I need to ask for some specifics here to help you.

1) What is the model number off the back of the Toshiba TV?

2) Do you stream Netflix from some other device to the TV (Roku Box, Amazon Firestick, etc.)?

3) What exactly do you see on your screen when you try to access Netflix?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1) Model Number is *****
2) I believe it is streamed through a router.
3) Occasionally works, sometimes won't go in at all, sometimes "Not connected to the internet, check your connections and try again.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, let's continue this way.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I am just back online now and taking a look.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, offhand ANY device that streams is going to stream through a router - that's the protocol. However that is not what I was asking. I was asking if there are ANY other devices connected to the TV that you stream from and an easy way to determine this is the following question: What remote do you use to get Netflix? Is it the original Toshiba remote?

Also is the TV WIRED to the router, or using Wi Fi? If Wi Fi how far away from the TV is your router (roughly)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now it says, "Not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection and try again."
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry but something came up and I need to run. I will open the question to other experts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we use the Toshiba remote. Yes, it is the original remote. The router is wired to the Modem. Is that what you need to know.?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Seems to be working now for some reason. Please do not bill us as you provided no assistance.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Take us off any membership and do not charge us.