Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a PR0-111FD, and the problem is the have on the sides

Customer Question

hello, my name is***** i have a PR0-111FD, and the problem is the have on the sides of the screen white dot and make noises like interference,what it can be the problem? i call the authorized rep and he said: i never repair a kuro tv for less than 800$, everything its expensive
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand, I need to ask you for some more info to solve this:

1) What's connected to the TV (Cable/SAT box, DVD, home theater, etc.)?

2) Are those "white dots" there with all sources you view from (cable box, DVD, etc.)?

3) Is that noise (like interference), coming from the TV speakers (goes up and down with the volume), or from the TV panel itself?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1)denon receiver(1 cable direct to the tv)
2) just when i have images , not on black, when i go to tv menu its begging or if i turn on the cable or denon, its sound like fire on a chimney
3)from the tv panel itself (there is not tv speakers)
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay, that sound is caused by a failure in the set occurring in the Plasma Display processing - and this COULD very well be the screen itself failing (which is not replaceable). That being said, what type of assistance were you looking for today? Were you looking to try to fix this yourself, or?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

It could also be the power supply board has out of spec voltages, or the sustain/driver boards are failing, however there isn't a "one shot" diagnosis here. To narrow it down requires testing voltages from the power supply and in many cases SWAPPING out all of the sustain/driver boards to see if that fixes the issue. Plasma TV's are very complex. There are some used/pulled boards out there for around $100 each, but without test equipment, you would be taking a shot gun approach to try to fix this yourself and could very well end up in the $500 range for parts.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Also, I mean you can also purchase a brand new 50" LED Smart TV these days for about that same cost, so I'm not sure what direction you're looking to go in, but I can tell you for sure that there are NO pushbutton fixes, settings, or adjustments that will fix those dots and that crackling noise from the TV, it will fail in very short time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 options: try to fix my self(less than 500$) or buy a new one (i prefer to buy a new oled for 3000), its sad because i love this tv image
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay if you want to try to fix yourself, you're looking at a possible 5-6 boards to replace, or you would need to have good skills using a Multi-Meter and measuring live voltages. Are you a tech-type and have you measured voltages before, or.....?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the white dot on the sides going white and then go like intermitent just if you image they not stay on white, and the blue light its on, not blinking, how about with hard reset? or upgrading software?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i send you a video??
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I already posted it's not a setting, or adjustment issue. You're not going to fix the set that way. Since it appears you're looking for a one shot fix, I will opt out since my opinion is that you are on the wrong path here.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , i`m Jack , a different tech. here with 40 years experience

From what i read so far Aric is correct with the fact that nothing can be done externally and if no parts have to be replaced then this would be some very complex adjustments at best that would need to be done internally , i`m talking about various voltage adjustments on the power board and some fine tuning adjustments on the SC board that require an oscilloscope , signal/pattern generators and voltmeters.

Again that is if this tv doesn`t need part like most likely a dozen or so capacitors would need to be replaced througout those 2 boards and possibly others then the whole thing re-adjusted as i just mentioned.

There was nothing easy or cheap about those tv`s and the feller that quoted some $800 was correct .

Sorry but no easy one here