Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

TV won't come on. Very small red blinking light on front

Customer Question

TV won't come on. Very small red blinking light on front bottom right corner. This is not the slightly larger red light that blinks once when turning on the TV. Samsung Model LN40A45OC1DXCA, Serial no. B46A3CSQ603580B, Version AA02, manufacture 2008. Can you help.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Can't even get the TV screen to light up. Talked to Comcast, my cable provider and they said that it is the TV that is not right.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was gone for a week. Came back last night and found the problem. Wanted to watch the vp debate. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my older grand daughters had apparently tried to watch TV last week but were unable to. They even changed the batteries on the remote but had no luck. I am not even using the remote but using the buttons on the side of the TV. Still it does not come on. Only that very small red blinking light all the time.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How does this work?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We could talk right now.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request , although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The CC info is correct. Don't understand why the CC company does not recognize the transaction. I can not give a CC on the phone when requested to do so. If you can solve my TV problem, lets do so and I will send you a personal check. I will understand if that is not an option for you in which case I will sincerely ***** ***** and then look elsewhere for the technical service I am in need of. Gerry(###) ###-#### I am calling form my home in Bedford, NH.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.

The way I see this from my end is that this chat is fine and the CC info went through just fine but something that seem to be common is that when the charges for a phone call are sent , they are declined by the CC company , you would have to contact them , not this website with your CC info .

In any case if you can answer a couple questions , I have a pretty good idea of the problem and yes I can help you and here in chat mode , never mind that call , I did not send it myself , was the website

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Did you have in mind to look into repairing this yourself ?

If so I will giv you details and links where to buy , let me know

I cannot call you directly at the number you gave , I`m not allowed to , this has to be done through the website

What I can do is send you the offer from my end and possibly that this will go through better

Here it comes