Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a SONY receiver, Model STR-DN860, serialmanufactured

Customer Question

I have a SONY receiver, Model STR-DN860, serial(###) ###-####manufactured May 2015. Suddenly, I am getting no sound while watching TV. My remote indicates that the receiver should be showing CAT/SATV, but it shows BT TX.
When I change the reading to CAT/SATV, it will immediately switch back to BT TX.
How do I get sound back for TV?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I need to know if the receiver has sound with OTHER audio inputs besides TV, so we can tell if the issue is the receiver itself or the audio signal coming from the TV. Select TUNER and let me know if there is sound.

Also, let me know if your "TV sound" is coming from a CABLE BOX?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was getting sound from FM, but now when switching to FM, the receiver switches back to BT TX.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, this sounds like a processor glitch with the receiver then.

Please unplug it from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Let me know if you have the same problem and if so, we will need to dig deeper.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I had sent that to you already. Please reply back on this page to continue. Did you already unplug the receiver and plug it back in Yes or No please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Troubleshooting this relies on you communicating back to me. I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have my cell phone now - it was in the car. Call me at ****************
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am happy to work thru the internet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am I to sit by the computer/telephone for the next 24 hours?