Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I don't have any multimeters, or multimeter skills, but i'm

Customer Question

I don't have any multimeters, or multimeter skills, but i'm having the same problem with my 47PFL3603D/27...dim screen, goes black all the time (but you can see it with a flashlight in a dark room)...sound is on of course, and it always turns black once I hit the Menu button on the remote. I've replaced PLHL-T722A in 2012 because of a "power on" issue with the click sequence not going through properly. Not sure if replacing T722A will fix this problem, or if the T-Con board needs to be replaced...but that TCon board is buried under the metal chasis!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here ,the issue is the back-lights are not working or are intermittent, for a set of this size and age ccfl flourecent tubing is used for backlighting, these are controlled by usually 2 inverters that control the backlights ,its these boards that are suspicious, there is one voltage check of 27vdc supply from the power-board to the inverters with a meter (volt-ohm) if you can do work yourself let me know i will be happy to help, costs of boards around $100.

If you need more help let me know, a positive rating of 3 to 5 stars (rating bar of stars top of page)is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** then will release credit to me note question remains open for 30 days thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
34;usually 2 inverters" isn't helpful. I provided you the model number of my lcd tv. What if I have only one? I only have three boards behind my tv: A power supply board, a main board, and a T-Con Board.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is a photo. PLHL-T722A on left, T-Con board at 12 o'clock, and the main board on the right.

This model uses the power-board as a power-inverter board so this set is different from most models of its day which use two full length inverters, so what you have here is a power\inverter you see those two leads at the top with high voltage they supply the backlights so on this set you are lucky as you only need to replace that board, its the same board you replaced last time only this time the issue is with the inverter section of the board

Board should be available from shopjimmy.com or here

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1051/philips-47pfl3603d27-replacement-power-supply-inverter-for-dead-tv-or-sound-but-no-picture-problem

Anthony

Anthony

Hello

If you still require any more help with this please let me know thanks note question is open for 30 days.

A 3 to 5 star rating is very much appreciated so the site can then credit me thank you.

Anthony