Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My tv want come on

Customer Question

My tv want come on
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

I need to ask you for some more info here:

1) Can you get the model number off of the back of the LG?

2) Roughly how old is it?

3) Are there ANY signs of life on the TV at all currently (power light lit red, green, no power light at all, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but I will do the best I can here without the specifics requested.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 17 days ago.

Hi , i`m Jack

I see that you requested a new answer and i would have a few questions of my own ,

Let me know when you are ready to proceed

Expert:  Jack replied 17 days ago.

I don`t know if you have problems replying but if you`d rather do this on the phone let me know or send me the offer .

Expert:  Jack replied 17 days ago.

Let me know if you want to resume this today