Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the 2015 Sony Bravia 55" TV - I have attempted to

Customer Question

I have the 2015 Sony Bravia 55" TV - I have attempted to install at least 2 apps with no success...I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but I'm getting discouraged...what am I doing wrong?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Well it is a Sony Bravia Smart TV that I actually purchased in 2012 (not 2015 - typo)...
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes...same problem whether I use the TV remote or the Sony WI Fi Blue Ray player...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've only attempted this twice - once earlier in the year and then again tonight but I've had absolutely no issues with my TV since the purchase...had no problem installing the WiFi player so I'm at a loss
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This system does have the android app in it and have had no success in anything I'm trying to install...I contacted someone at Sling TV today and told them that my TV "shows" that Sling TV is installed but I can't find the app anywhere...I also looked up the app on my computer and it seems to only recognize my phone and my tablet...no TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

- Can you please get me the model number off of Sony TV and Bluray player in question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model number for Sony Bravia TV is: KDL55EX-640 and the model number for the Sony Blu Ray/DVD player is BDP-S3200
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you ever installed any app in TV or connected bluray player in past?