Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My color is off. Best way to describe is when changing

Customer Question

My color is off. Best way to describe is when changing stations it use to be blue, now it is light olive green. 1st noticed when watching black and white show, contrast went off. Played various options.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Pretty old bought 2008 Samsung series 5 40" model ln40a500t1f
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. Only watching tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Sunday. See 1st comment
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box (or satellite) and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

If you have color coded cables then pull the plugs out and back in securely one at a time at both ends and see if that clears this up .

If it does then please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this is tv related. I watch over air tv. I am not sure if I hit a wrong button, sat on my remote, or is my tv going bad. I have not cables to pull out and back in.
my question is what part of setting color controls blue/green/yellow? that is off. my menu has a selection called blue view only(or something of that type) when I select yes it turns yellow. it use to be blue. when I change channels the screen would be blue now it is olive green
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im not by my tv so call wouldn't help
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

As I said above , I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me so ignore them

If you are connected to an antenna and the tv is processing its own signal then something definitely off with the main board adjusts or the main board itself .

Start with a full reset ;

Press and hold 10+ secs the EXIT button on the TV's remote until you see " Resets all settings to the default values "

If that doesn`t do it then the main board is suspect but if you are sure this happened with a remote control mishap then this should take care of it

Let me know how that goes and if that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.