Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 40" sony bravia tv and I just bought a set of sony

Customer Question

I have a 40" sony bravia tv and I just bought a set of sony wireless stereo headphone system. I cannot get them to work. Can you help me? And how much is this going to cost me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Its a sony Bravia TV and I purchased it in July 2015.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, everything is working fine. My tv is already hooked up to cable. My problem is that when I go into settings to change the speaker output to headphones it does nothing and the sound continues to come out of the tv.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I just purchased these headphones and I'm trying to hook them up to my tv.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes please. I've tried everything in the iManual and everything recommended in the instructions that came with the sony wireless headphones.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 21 days ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , Could you please give me the headphones and tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?