Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It's all in spanish I would like to hear it in english, I

Customer Question

it's all in spanish I would like to hear it in english
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know.. I'm in a hotel in Cancun, Mexico
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the TV menu work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just arrived today turned on the tv and it's in spanish I went to the menu and to language selected one of the three: English, French, Spanish... I chose English ..nothing happened I chose French.. nothing happened. still in Spanish language
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

There are a lot of variables here as hotel systems are proprietary and may not have other options, but do you see a SAP button on the remote?
If so, press it a few times to cycle through the different languages and let me know if that helps,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is not a SAP button on the remote
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is a rip off.. cancel my order and refund my money back to my card, please.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a moment to finish answering,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for confirming, if no SAP button and no response from the English setting then that option is not possible in this situation.

It is not a matter of choosing a different setting, but that the actual source content they have available is not available in other languages, there is no underlying alternate language audio so changing the selection has no effect, as there is no other audio for that setting to bring forward. That is a limitation of the source content offered by the hotel you are staying at.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Note that the content restrictions may not apply to all channels. You can set it to English and test other channels and you may get a response on some, but not all. Being in Mexico, the standard broadcast format is in Spanish.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

The shows you are seeing there are all recorded in Spanish and broadcast as such.

Just as the shows in the US are all recorded and broadcast in English.

Some shows will record a secondary audio track in another language, and if that audio is present in the broadcast then changing that english/spanish/french setting then plays back that alternate audio track if available, if not it will continue to play in the native format.

So what I am saying is that whatever shows you are seeing there simply don't have an english audio option available. The tv can't translate the sound, it can only play back what was previously recorded, if it is available.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's not true. there is an english option. I googled it and went to a different setting than what you told me. So I'm hearing it in English now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
since you were not able to help, I would like a refund, please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

If I may ask, what setting did you go to?

If I had any info on the actual hardware, like a model number, I could give you other options as well, and keep in mind still that regardless of setting the sound may not be on all content, some shows/stations will have it if available and others won't.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
8216;OPTIONS’ button on the remote control, select [Universal access] > [Visual impaired] > then select [Speakers] or [Speaker + Headphone].
Alternatively, you may switch on the visually impaired audio in the [Setup] > [Channel settings] > [Language] > [Visually impaired] menu.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** *****'s working for you.