Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an older 'version of a Hitachi tv but still works

Customer Question

Hi I have an older 'version of a Hitachi tv but still works great. I just changed over to direct tv and cannot watch DVD on machine. How do you connect. Called direct tv but they said i would have to call hitachi. Please advise. . Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

I could not find the manual for this tv but I take it that your dvd was connected with a set of red/white/yellow cables and that there is only one audio/video input on the tv and is now used by the direct tv box , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think so. There are 3connectors on the back that are plugged into the input.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

O.k then that would be it and it is the direct tv tech. who connected those there ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What you would need to do is to use a coaxial cable ( tv cable) from the direct tv box antenna out to the TV's antenna /cable terminal and set the tv on channel 3 or 4 , that would free up your TV's audio/video input (those 3 inputs at the rear) for the dvd player

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request by the way , although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

In other words you would connect that direct tv box just like vcr`s used to be connected

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

If you have a piece of cable handy from the vcr days you can do that ,otherwise you can get one at radio shack , bestbuy etc.

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Still with me ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like ty o switch to phone call but have already been charged. Why am I being asked to give card info. Again? Would just like to get am answer to my problem. Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. , all I know is that the phone call is extra and that the payment for it failed and as I said above this usually means your CC company declined the charges

Sorry , this is all out of my control

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

I gave you an answer to your problem by the way ;

You need to connect the direct tv box like an old vcr with a coaxial cable in the TV's antenna /cable terminal at the rear to free up the audio/video inputs for the dvd